The Democrat's Moment Has Arrived

Wow, that was some speech JFK gave!  My 22 year old son called me after the speech, some what surprised that he found so much of what Kerry said as sincere and heartfelt as well as informative and confident.  This is a politician he can get behind and not compromise his values.  I've watched him grow the past few months, engaging in the discussions at our dinner table about the election and the troubles America is in around the world.  This is the first time he feels real hope for the future of our country.

He was a few blocks from the towers when the first one fell.  The experience traumatized him and his friends and they're new found cynicism from that experience was sad to watch.   Bush took us from that disaster into the disastrous wars compounding my son's frustration and anger.  But now he feels better and so do I.  He plans to have a party to watch Bush speak at the Republican Convention, he does an amazingly funny impression of Bush.

This is going to be an historic election.  I see a landslide coming and a huge gain in voter turn out.  Now we only have to wait a couple of years to shift the balance in the Congress.

I can't wait to vote!

.






Comments

Popular Posts